Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sorry its been so long!

Well, I have been receiving a few complaints that we don't update our blog enough. I know I can't refute this because our last post was back in September. I did make an honest effort in December to update it by changing the background to a Christmas theme, but that is as far as I got. Sorry about that.

Adam and I have been pretty busy these last few months with work and school. This semester has required the most reading, papers, and projects than I can remember, and we are both super busy! Here is a quick update since the last blog post.

October - Adam and I commuted down to BYU. Both working and busy with school. Adam gets accepted to the U. We find an apartment in Holladay! Sneak in a trip or two to Bear Lake.

November - We paint and move in to our new apartment. Love our huge new closet! (about the size of our last bedroom, what else could a girl ask for!) Adam does orientation at the U and remembers that outside of the bubble people can smoke at school and that girls can wear inappropriate clothing! We have Thanksgiving with both of our wonderful families, and gear up for the last few weeks of the semester.

moving in

Thanksgiving


December - We both finish out the semester. Adam is a little sad he will no longer be attending BYU. We go snowshoeing in Midway. Adam has a Christmas party with the Crew. We love having Adam's sister and her family home for Christmas! We frequent the cabin at Bear Lake, and enjoy being out of school.

decorating for Christmas
snow shoeing - I fell into the river and got stuck!
the crew (think they hang out together too much? Yes - they did not plan the plaid)
the cabin with Angie

January - Adam starts school at the U and loves it! Realizes how school should be (enjoyable) and gets A's on his math tests! I start my last full semester at BYU (yay, the end is insight), and we both are busy with work and homework. Adam turns 24 and gets Mario cart for his birthday! Dad is awesome and takes the whole family on a trip to Disneyworld!!! So fun and hilarious because the youngest one in our group is 14. We go to Harry Potter World! Adam and Melissa can now die happy! We were all a bunch of kids again! Thanks dad for a great family trip!


Adam's birthday
our condo in Florida


February - School gets tough and commuting starts to wear on me (10+ hours a week, goodbye to any free time we may have). The realization that I only have a few months of school left gets me through. Adam is an awesome husband and gives me the newest John Mayer and Lady Gaga cds for Valentine’s Day. I love having my mom as my best friend and hanging out with her.

March - Adam and I take a ski trip to Brian Head. I realize I have written more papers this semester than the last three combined. Melissa gets engaged! We love Nate and are excited for the new addition to the family. Adam and Alex love having a new bro to play with (last weekend they all went and played b-ball at the church for hours). Adam and I got our tax return! Bought student season tickets to Real Salt Lake. We also got the pass of all passes with lots of fun stuff to offer (Adam's favorite - season pass to the water park!) My birthday on the 20th (turned 22)! And this week is Adam's spring break, so we are heading down south for some fun in the sun. 3 days in Vegas and the rest of the weekend in St George! We are so excited to stay in a hotel and go to the pool, and see family!


Melissa and Nate
getting ready for skiing



Cedar Breaks


Well, I hope this update will suffice. Graduation ceremony is in April (the 22nd) and then I will take two spring night classes. I will be completely done in June! (yay!) So, I promise to update more frequently once I am done with school. Adam unfortunately is doing summer classes (boo!), but he is ok with it because he knows he will be done that much sooner (next spring!! yay) and because he has season passes to raging waters and RSL! We are excited for a summer of weddings, fun, Lake Powell, sun, and hopefully a trip to Texas! Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for awesome updates like this!! It sounds like you guys have been super busy but also able to squeeze in some fun! You guys are sooo cute together! and I love your apartment! Good luck with your last semester of school! That's so awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete