Saturday July 31 –
We arrived in Visakhapatnam at 11:45 am after a long 36 hours of plane rides and no sleep. Professor Nuckolls meet us at the airport and sent us home with jia, a girl who works for the program. She dropped Adam and I, and a girl named Heidi (who was on our last few flights) off at our new home. We all live in the same house (along with another girl named Ally, an old friend of Melissa’s from Churchill and skyline). And all I can say is our house was not exactly what we had expected. I knew it was going to be a cement house with cement floors and no screens on the windows, but when we arrived after a life threatening taxi ride, with girls who don’t really speak english trying to help us move in, you could say I was a little shocked. We have 2 twin mattress/futons on the floor. We have a toilet that is hole in the ground (adam uses that one) and another really dirty western toilet. Luckily we have one shower for the four of us (we didn't think we would have one), but adam still uses the camp shower. So we attempted to unpack our suitcases and make this place our home.
CrAzY!! What a cool experience. I can't imagine doing what you're doing! I wish I could pass you some febreze through the computer for your couches. Yikes! Take lots of pictures with your cool camera. Love you!!
ReplyDelete