Wednesday, August 11, 2010

more pictures!

gరీతిన్గ్స్ ఫ్రొం విశాఖపట్నం - "Greetings from Visakhapatnam" in telugu this is the church we go to. it is right in the middle of down town, and in the same building as several other offices. sometimes it is hard not to get distracted by all the horn honking going on in the street below.
even all the way on the other side of the world adam can still find the jonas brothers!

doing a little shopping downtown with the girls. these are our two roommates the one on the left is ally and the one on the right is heidi.

this is before we went into the borra caves. adam is drinking a "thumbs up" a drink here that is like coke.
I didn't bring any pants, so ally let me borrow a pair of her r.e.i. zip offs, and we were twiners!

a baby monkey at the borra caves, he was posing for adam
a picture inside the caves

it was so wet and humid inside the caves, we were practically dripping when we came out.

all the girls inside the cave

to show that i am married i have to wear toe rings on the second toes. a wedding ring on the ring finger doesn't mean anything here. We got these two white gold toe rings for 350 rupees (which is about $6.50 in the U.S. They have love flowers on them which are supposed to bring good luck.

mommy monkey and baby monkey. all the monkeys liked adam.

at the NATURE school, watching some native dancing.

1 comment:

  1. I love all the photos! So fun to see what you are up to. I went to see Eat Pray Love last night and they were drinking thumbs up soda in the movie... keep posting photos, I am so glad you have the opportunity to be there. I love the toe rings, Megan. I may have to have you bring me some home!

    ReplyDelete